Thursday, November 19, 2009

DAMLA SAKIZLI MUHALLEBİ


MASTIC GUM PUDDING

This is the second "mastic gum" recipe after the cookies. I just love the smell of mastic. It gives a regular pudding an extraordinary flavor.

Serves 4.

Ingredients:
  • 3 tbsp of unsalted butter
  • 3 tbsp of all purpose flour
  • 3 pieces of mastic gum
  • 6 tbsp of granulated sugar
  • 3 cups of milk

In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add flour and stir until the flour gives its raw smell. Take the pot away from the heat. Add first cup of milk and whisk it consistently until smooth. Move the pot over the heat again and add the other two cups of milk, sugar and mastic gum. Mix it with a whisk and turn the heat up to high. Keep mixing until it starts to bubble and becomes ticker.Turn the heat off. Apportion the pudding into four bowls.

15 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Mastic has a very special flavor. Tht dessert is delightful!

Cheers,

Rosa

müjde said...

Fotoğrafa da tarife de bayıldım İffetciğim.Ellerine sağlık.Sevgiler...

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Thank you Rosa and Mujde.
Iffet

Chocolaty Lifestyle said...

This one looks like an incredibly delicious and simply dessert! But I was wondering, what the mastic gum is? Is there any substitutions for that?

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Hi Chocolaty Lifestyle,
I am sorry but there is no substitution for the mastic gum as far as I know. Here are some information about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastic_gum

you can get it online from "www.tulumba.com"

iffet

Mediterranean Turkish Cook said...

Iffet, damla sakizini tatlilarda ben de cok severim. Cok degisik bir aromasi var. Ilk kez, birkac ay once dondurmada denemistim. Harika gercekten.

sara said...

great! i have some mastic "stones" my mom brought from turkey and now i have another recipe to use them up. thanks for posting.

S said...

i love this. i am so hungry right now. x

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Sara, I am planning to post a few more mastic gum recipes.

Thank you Shayma.

Iffet

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Tesekkurler Nihal.

Iffet

Pity said...

i love mastic, and i love this pudding, it looks divine, well done! cheers,

Erika from The Pastry Chef At Home said...

What a simple and beautiful dessert!

I had no clue about mastic...but I see from the Wiki page you posted in another comment that mastic resin is used in Turkish ice cream which I LOVE!

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Thank you Erica. i hope you get a chance to try it.
iffet

buzlubadem said...

Sakızın en çok yakıştığı tatlı. Çikolata, hatta irmik helvası bile yaptım damla sakızlı ama bu bir başka. Enfes.
Sunum da çok güzel olmuş, ellwerinize sağlık.

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Tesekkur ederim Medura.
Iffet