Wednesday, April 22, 2009

YOĞURT TATLISI




YOGURT DESSERT

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 1 cup of thick plain yogurt
  • 1+1/2 cups of semolina flour
  • 2 cups of all purpose flour
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla sugar
  • 1/2 tsp of baking powder
Syrup:
  • 2 cups of granulated sugar
  • 2+ 1/2 cups of water
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
For the syrup; take 2 cups of sugar, and 2+ 1/2 cups of water in a medium pot. Bring it to the boil over medium heat. Boil for ten minutes. Add juice of 1/2 lemon into the pot and boil for another 3 minutes. Turn the heat off. Set a side.
Preheat the oven 350 F.
Sift flour, semolina flour, vanilla sugar, and baking soda together in a bowl.
Whisk eggs and sugar in another large mixing bowl until it gets creamy. Gradually add yogurt, vegetable oil,and lemon zest whisking consistently.
Add sifted flour, semolina flour, vanilla sugar, and baking soda to the bowl and mix thoroughly.

Pour into 13 17-inch rectangular pyrex and bake until it is golden brown, approximately 50 minutes.
Take the cake from oven. Let it cool for 5 minutes and spoon cold syrup over the cake.
Serve it when it is cool.

18 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A wonderful dessert! really delicious looking!

Cheers,

Rosa

Saliha said...

ÇOK GUZEL IFFET..YEMEYELI OYLE UZUN ZAMAN OLDUKI CANIM CEKTI:( UZUN BIR SUREDE YIYEMICEM:(
ELLERINE SAGLIK..
SEVGILERIMLE..

Anonymous said...

ÇOK SEVERİM HARİKA GORUNUYOR ELLERİNE SAĞLIK CNIM..

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Rosa,I hope you can try this recipe one day, it really is delicious.

Saliha, rejim olayi mi yoksa?:(

Didem, cok tesekkur ederim canim.

Iffet

Karynefoodaddict said...

it really looks good! i must try it!!!

turkishfoodandrecipes said...

Ben de severim yogurt tatlisini, harika gorunuyor, olsa da yesek:)
Ellerine saglik canim

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Karyne, let me know how it turns out if you try.

Hayriye, keske sana ikram etme sansim olsaydi:)

Iffet

Karynefoodaddict said...

I'm so unlucky...I just can't find semolia flour!!!

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Karyne,
Isn't there any Mediterranean Market close to you?
If not, you can buy it from online Turkish store such as Yiyelim.com or Tulumba.com
Iffet

Karynefoodaddict said...

thank you for the advice,next timeI go down twon I have a look in a "arabic" grocer...

Karynefoodaddict said...

Yes!!! I've finally found semoula flour!!!! Now I can try this!!!

My Turkish Kitchen said...

It is a good news Karyne. I hope you will like the dessert.
Iffet

S said...

Hi Iffet, As you know, I like your blog very much- and have added you to my blogroll- perhaps you could have a look at my blog and see if you'd like to exchange blogroll links? best wishes, love this recipe, wish I could go back to Istanbul this winter.

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Hi Shayma,
Thank you for adding my blog on your blog roll.
I wish I could go to Turkey soon too :)
Iffet

jayashree said...

First of all, I must admit that I love your Bakes & I want to try them out myself.
But can you tell me if the 'Semolina flour ' you use is grainy in texture or is it powdery.
So that I may substitute the locally available ingredients to try out your yummy recipes.
Thanx.

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Thank you Jayashree,
Semolina flour is availeble in both textures.
I prefer to use the grainy one but the powdery one works as well.
I hope this helps. Please don't hesitate if you have further questions.
Iffet

jayashree said...

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll shall keep you informed , when I try out your recipe.Bye. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to do this cake but it didn't work. 2 cups flour is too much I guess. Or need an extra note to explain or warning about the flour supposed to be white flour and must be sifted. if you wanted to do this cake with whole wheat flour you need to use 3 eggs and 1 cup of flour instead 2 cups.

bayagi kalin bir hamur oldu daha cok kurabiye hamuru gibi cunku kepekli all purpose un kullandim cunku beyaz un yiyemiyorum yasak oldugu icin. baska bir tarifte 3 yumurta ve 1 cup unla yapmistim tarif tutmustu.