Monday, June 13, 2011

DEREOTLU PANCAR SALATASI



































BEET ROOT SALAD WITH DILL

My mom used to boil beet roots during the winters when I was a child. Each time I refused to eat it when my parents insisted and explained how healthy it is. I had a very good reason for that attitude; it was plain, just boiled and sliced beet roots! I chanced my mind after I tasted this salad at Nigar's house. Now I can say that I like it. Thank you Nigar.

Ingredients:
  • 3 beet roots
  • 1/2 bunch of fresh dill
  • 1/3 bunch of Italian parsley
  • 1/2 cup of chopped walnut
  • 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp of vinegar
  • salt
Boil the roots until soft. Set aside until cold. Peel and cut into cubes. Take beet in a large mixing bowl. Add chopped parsley, chopped dill walnut, vinegar, lemon juice, vinegar and salt. Stir and serve.

1 comment:

Julia said...

This is an interesting recipe for beetroot that I've never seen before. I used to hate beetroot till we moved to Turkey. Now I can't get enough of it if it;s been pickled with chillies. I might try your recipe though.