Monday, August 15, 2011

HİNDİSTAN CEVİZİ TATLISI




































COCONUT DESSERT
This dessert is for coconut lovers. Before taking a bite from it, you can get the smell of coconut first:)

Ingredients:
•2 eggs
•1 cup of granulated sugar
•1/2 cup of vegetable oil
•1 cup of thick plain yogurt
•1+1/2 cups of extra shredded coconut
•1 cups of all purpose flour
•zest of 1 lemon
•1/2 tsp of vanilla sugar
•1/2 tsp of baking powder


Syrup:
•2+1/2 cups of granulated sugar
•3 cups of water
•juice of 1/2 lemon


For the syrup; take 2  + 1/2cups of sugar, and 3 cups of water in a medium pot. Bring it to the boil over medium heat. Boil for ten minutes. Add juice of 1/2 lemon into the pot and boil for another 3 minutes. Turn the heat off. Set a side.
Preheat the oven 350 F.
Sift flour, vanilla sugar, and baking soda together in a bowl.
Whisk eggs and sugar in another large mixing bowl until it gets creamy. Gradually add yogurt, vegetable oil,and lemon zest, coconut whisking consistently.
Add sifted flour, vanilla sugar, and baking soda to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
Pour into 13 17-inch rectangular pyrex and bake until it is golden brown, approximately 50 minutes.
Take the cake from oven. Let it cool for 5 minutes and spoon cold syrup over the cake.
Decorate it with coconut. Serve it when it is cool.

14 comments:

Adina said...

Looks moist and sweet and yummy!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That looks luscious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Pity said...

coconut? Yes please, i love it! this looks like my kind of dessert, thanks!

Bir Dut Masalı - nUnU said...

Sevgili İffet,
uzat elini al diyor kör şeytan
:)))))

stampedconcrete said...

loiks so delicious .. yummy !!

KRhodes said...

I'm enjoying your recipes. After living in Turkey for a couple years I have the goal of learning how to cook the food I so enjoyed. Are you done with your blog though? I haven't seen any new posts for some time.

My Turkish Kitchen said...

KRhodes,
After having a long vacation and some health issues; I couldn't post any new recipes.I hope, I will return soon.
Thank you...

KRhodes said...

I'm glad that you will be posting again soon...and hopefully that you are feeling much better! By the way, I made my first attempt at baklava today with your help...wonderful!

My Turkish Kitchen said...

I am glad it helped:)
Iffet

Nimet said...

Merhaba Iffet,
Sitenizdeki tarifler cok guzel. Bir kac tanesini denedim (patates boregi, tavuklu boregi, ve hindistan cevizi tatlisis). Hepsi harika. Ellerinize saglik. Yavas yavas hepsini deniyecem.
-Nimet

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Nimet,
Denemene ve begenmene sevindim.
Tesekkurler,
Iffet

Anonymous said...

Hello, what is this red layer made of ? greets

My Turkish Kitchen said...

There is no red layer on this dessert.
THanks,
Iffet

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the recipe.

Could you please tell if the cup you are using for the measurement is = 250ml.

Thanks again