- 6 Japanese eggplants
- 2 large size of tomatoes
- 1 pound ground lamb ( or ground beef )
- 1 tbsp of onion powder ( or 1 small finely chopped onion )
- 1 tsp of garlic powder (or 5 cloves of finely chopped garlic )
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of ground red pepper
- 1/3 tsp of baking soda
Wash and cut the end of eggplants. Slice them into 1-inch thick rounds.
In an 11-inch round baking dish, place one eggplant slice and then one meatball side by side until the dish is filled, starting from outer side of the dish.
Place tomato slices on to kebab. Preheat the oven 450F and bake it for 45 minutes or eggplants are tender.