Monday, May 4, 2009

EZOGELİN ÇORBASI

 BRIDE EZO'S SOUP
Ingredients:
  • 1 medium size of onion ( chopped)
  • 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped )
  • 1 tbsp of dried mint
  • 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 1/4 cup of extra fine bulgur
  • 1/3 cup of rice
  • 3/4 cup of red lentil 
  • 6 cups of boiling water
  • 1 tbsp of tomato paste
  • 1 tsp of ground red pepper
Sauce:

  • 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 1 tsp of dried mint
  • 1tsp of ground red pepper
Take 2 tbsp of olive oil, chopped onion and garlic in a medium pot over medium heat. Saute it until onion is tender. Add tomato paste to the pot and stir for 5 minutes. Add boiling water, red lentils, rice, ground red pepper, and dried mint to the pot and stir. Bring it to the boil and turn the heat down to low. Add bulgur when lentils are cooked. Cook for another 15 minutes.Turn the heat off, add salt and stir.
In a small skillet, take olive oil, dried mintand ground red pepper for sauce. Stir for 1-2 minutes over medium heat and turn the heat off. Add sauce to the soup.

10 comments:

Tijen said...

One of my favorite soups! I can have it everyday...

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A wonderful soup!

Cheers,

Rosa

Saliha said...

çok güzel olmuş ıffet..bugun yaptım bende cok severız bu corbayı aılecek:)

sevgıler...

Esra (Acemi Şef- Dikiş Keyfi) said...

I didn't know that, i mean your blog is written by English :) I can advertise your blog to my foreign friends, i'm sure they'll love to read! By the way, do you have Turkish one?
Hugs!!
Esra

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Esra,
I don't have any Turkish one but, suddenly, I started to think about it:)
Please tell your friends about the blog.
Thanks,
Iffet

Mediterranean Turkish Cook said...

Iffet, ezo gelin corbasini henuz yapmadim ama cok seviyorum. Bazilari birtek pirinc ekliyorlar, bazilari bulgur, bazilari da ikisini birden ekliyor, ama hepsi de guzel oluyor. Ellerine saglik.

My Turkish Kitchen said...

Nihal,
Ben de degisik versiyonlarini tattim. Senin de dedigin gibi hepsi de cok lezzetli.
Iffet

Anonymous said...

I would love to know this recipe but the amount of water is omitted...how many cups did you add to pot? Thanks.

My Turkish Kitchen said...

It is 6 cups of boiling water.
Thanks,
Iffet

Dilzy said...

I tried this today and it was yummy. I added Chicken stock instead of water, pepper paste as well as tomato and blended it. Turned out great! Thanks for the recipe, I will add it to my blog, and will be sure to reference it.